Copyright Laws


If you notice- each of my patterns has a copyright notification. You may not post or distribute my patterns without written permission from me- Maile. If you make copies, make sure the copyright information is intact, or you will be violating the rules.
It disgusts me that many disregard this information.

I take the time to design, share with you, take the time to abide by the rules.

I have been informed of a yahoo group taking my patterns and posting them without permission, without copyright information and sometimes removing " by Maile" To take the time to remove my name and copyright information makes you a thief. You cannot state that you didnt know the rules- every pattern here has the rules at the bottom. Taking patterns from other Yahoo Groups files, is also a copyright infringement. The groups you took patterns from have been informed as to the breech in their files. Each file you stole had copyright information as well as designer credit- which you removed...what an example you are for the group! Obviously you are not a designer, for they respect other designers time and effort.

Yahoo copyright division has been notified and they will see fit what actions they will take against your group. I will take my own course of action dealing with the list owner.

If you want free patterns, is it too much to ask for following the rules?? Share the blog addy with people and say I got the patterns here...

Copyright sites to check:
http://www.geocities.com/jbtocker/copyright

http://www.ipwatchdog.com/copyright.html